Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for a hands-on and highly technical Platform Engineering Lead to modernize and improve our firmwide macOS platform. As the in-the-weeds leader of a global and highly visible technical team, you will guide improvement efforts for current infrastructure while designing and building new solutions for a wide range of technical use cases at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
- Lead a global strategy that will design and deploy custom solutions to improve and upgrade our macOS endpoints and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the End User Support team as their go-to resource for unexpected macOS issues or opportunities for improvement and support your future direct reports and fellow colleagues as needed.
- Elicit commentary for and write proposals for a wide variety of strategic goals, including new hardware, software vendors, solutions, and master service agreements, all while accommodating the needs of various stakeholders throughout the process.
- Develop HRT-specific processes and policies for software maintenance, deployment, and decommission as a subject-matter expert for macOS as HRT grows.
- Analyze trends using ticket and communication history to determine future growth opportunities and requirements for macOS at HRT.
- Lead, build, and mentor a team of engineers responsible for all macOS endpoint management tools and team applications. Your team will handle everything from deployments to configuration of the latest software, and be experts on HRT’s various management tools using the best-available UEM and MDM solutions.
- Lead collaborative efforts to improve, scale and modernize macOS endpoint and infrastructure management.
- Support various internal applications used by HRT’s Finance, Legal, and HR departments and have complete ownership over Software Development Life Cycles.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Macs and macOS. You know all of these platforms inside and out, and have experience managing them at medium to large scale in a highly technical environment.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the underpinning of the usual OSs and endpoints. This includes how to provision, support, and maintain them, what protects them, and the software that runs on them.
- Strong familiarity with endpoint management tools and/or modern MDM/UEM style tools. Ideally, you will have designed, built, and deployed MDM/UEMs from conception to production.
- Robust technical project management skills; you have led requirement planning and project review sessions with vendors and colleagues (both technical and non-technical).
- Great interpersonal skills — you know how to effectively promote, facilitate, and build an environment where the best ideas and solutions win.
- You look to answer your own questions — you’re hungry for the best, most accurate solutions.
- You have team management experience and a proven ability to direct collaborative workflows while possessing a “no task too small” attitude (you still get your hands dirty).
- A strong understanding of how to utilize APIs and scripting to produce reports and/or deployments of solutions.
- Previous experience designing and supporting CI/CD or DevOps pipelines for OS engineering.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.