Machine learning is central to HRT’s approach to building trading strategies. As a result, we are heavily invested in hiring the best and brightest ML researchers and providing them with the freedom to explore and pursue their own ideas.
Financial markets present a variety of unique and interesting technical challenges for ML research, including latency constraints, non-stationarity, and low signal-to-noise ratios. As a Machine Learning Researcher in HRT AI Labs (HAIL), you will work with vast amounts of market data to overcome these challenges. You will collaborate with your fellow researchers and engineers to develop and test your ideas as a part of HRT’s live trading strategies. Successful ideas will be put into practice almost immediately, contributing to the firm’s performance and impacting the landscape of global financial markets.
- Conduct independent research in applying machine learning to a wide variety of datasets and trading problems
- Following latest developments in academic research and incorporating research techniques from different fields to our problems
- Independently implementing research in production using Python / C++
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- At least two years of demonstrated experience of ML research in a professional setting
- Track record of academic publications preferred
- Experience with software engineering in Python / C++
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.