Mac Desktop Support Engineer - Singapore
The Desktop Engineering team supports the IT needs of over 350 employees in multiple offices globally, ranging from basic users to highly technical programmers with complex coding environments. The Mac Desktop Support Engineer will contribute to our team that manages Mac, Windows, and Linux machines and will be physically based in our Singapore office, supporting all of our Asia offices. This will include on-site support of desktops and laptops as well as maintaining and improving our IT infrastructure. We're looking for a team member who is already experienced with desktop support. We’re a small team, so it’s crucial that the Mac Desktop Support Engineer be quick, detail-oriented, and has a positive attitude!
- Support of laptops, desktops, and audio/visual equipment.
- Manage all inventory and procurement for technology items at the office.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking.
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.
- Assist in global IT projects around topics like Single Sign-On, Active Directory, and more.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- At least three years of experience supporting technical staff on:
- Mac hardware and software running recent macOS versions
- Windows hardware and software running Windows 10
- Linux clients
- Basic networking understanding (DHCP, DNS, IP addresses and subnets)
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners.
- Experience with monitoring solutions, ticketing systems, change management.
- Experience customizing and packaging software scripts and or applications.
- Knowledge of managing devices in an Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of MDM management.
- Proficient at scripting in BASH, Python, Ruby, Powershell, or another language.
- Experience using a client management solution such as Jamf or SCCM.
- Extremely comfortable using command line interfaces (unix shells, etc.)
- Proficient in speaking Mandarin and English as well as reading Simplified Chinese.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with changing requirements.
- Comfortable with on-call rotations for night and weekend coverage as well as on-call duties during portions of the day.
- Willing to travel within Asia including, but not limited to, China, India, and Singapore.
- Excellent communication and white glove skills.
- Independent with strong organization skills being the sole desktop engineer in Asia.
- You are curious, a self-starter, and you love to tinker with technology.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top