Lead Data Analyst
- New Delhi, India
Data is at the core of everything we do at HRT. We excel at deriving deep insights from all types of data, allowing us to achieve consistent success for nearly 20 years in a highly competitive market. As we think about exciting new avenues for growth, we look forward to simultaneously expanding Data@HRT to new frontiers.
Hudson River Trading is looking for a leader to help build new team within Data@HRT. The right leader will be an experienced analyst with a deep passion for solving data problems in the trading domain. In this role, you will work closely with our Algo Research team to create new and innovative data sources and provide insights into our existing collection of data. Data is crucial to our success and you will be deeply involved in helping us make sure our data is world-class.
This is a unique opportunity to help build out, not only a new team, but a new HRT office in Delhi. We’re especially looking for someone who is tremendously excited by the opportunity to drive forward a new initiative with the potential to have a huge impact on HRT.
- Strong organization skills - must be able to manage daily workflow for a team and delegate tasks efficiently
- Comfortable working with very large datasets and multiple types of databases, such as Relational and NoSQL
- Top-notch quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of Python and/or C++ is a big plus
- Graduate/Postgraduate degree with interest in Finance and Data
- 4-8 years of experience in a data infrastructure or analytics role at a financial firm
- Familiarity with database creation, cleaning, and support
- First-hand experience working with cloud providers like AWS or GCP
- Experience managing direct reports is highly preferred
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top