Junior Linux Sysadmin
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable on a command line and want to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad and include hardware and software installation and configuration, remote administration, colo work coordination, new hardware and software monitoring and testing, automation and tool development, and performance tuning.
We are jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high level of attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible. Gain in-depth understanding about open source Linux distributions (e.g., Debian, Fedora, CentOS) and open source technologies (like Hadoop, FreeIPA, Koji, and Saltstack).
- You have Linux work experience or play with Linux at home
- Comfortable using Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Python scripting experience, especially to help automate repetitive tasks
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with server hardware is a plus
- Coordinating remote colo/datacenter (DC) technician work, and visiting nearby datacenters
- Operating system installation and upgrading
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Working with vendors to resolve issues
- Scripting to automate repetitive tasks
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Work independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- 0-3 years experience
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top