- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for an HR Coordinator to join the People Operations team, a small but highly productive group based in NYC. The People Ops team is responsible for the well-being and performance of all HRTers across our global offices. From recruiting to onboarding to the continued engagement and development of our employees, the People Ops team is dedicated to creating an environment that is authentic, inclusive, and upholds our company values. As part of People Ops, it is our job to ensure we attract and retain phenomenal people from all walks of life.
Success in this role starts with developing a big picture understanding of our people and our values. While the daily responsibilities will keep someone busy, HRT is looking for an HR Coordinator who will constantly look for ways to improve the HR experience for employees.
The ideal person for this role will be accustomed to working (and thriving) in an extremely fast-paced environment, so they should possess these characteristics:
- You wear multiple hats
- You're a multitask master
- You are your own support (no job is too small)
- You are embarrassingly organized
- You take huge amounts of pride in doing your job well
- You value your time, thus value automation
- You realize being independent is important, but understand teamwork is critical
More specifically, you will:
- Assist with various traditional HR functions including on-boarding, off-boarding, HRIS entry and maintenance, and global employee benefits.
- Support the new hire experience from offer acceptance through on-boarding.
- Provide a welcoming experience for all new employees, schedule and conduct new hire orientations, accurately process relevant new hire paperwork, and serve as a point person for new employee questions
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of new employee training
- Ensure data validity in our HRIS systems and other HR applications by keeping data fresh and up-to-date
- Monitor and assist with employee benefits questions
- Be a central point of communication on HR topics between People Ops, Finance, and Legal teams
- Update and maintain HRT’s internal resources as information changes
- Perform regular audits to ensure all required documentation is organized, and retained according to document retention guidelines
- Work closely with the legal team to ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Support annual compliance initiatives such as EEO-1 reports and company-wide harassment prevention training
- Assist payroll team by providing relevant employee information (e.g. pay changes, new hires)
- Research, coordinate, and schedule learning and development (L&D) trainings for employees
- Manage relationships with external vendors for benefits, L&D, and compliance programs
- Make process improvement recommendations and implementations where possible
- 2+ years of work experience as an HR Coordinator, Office Administrator, or relevant position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology - a PHR/PHR/SHRM-CP certification is a plus
- Experience with HR software platforms
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly ethical and accustomed to managing highly confidential information
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws, or curious to learn and stay up-to-date
- Strong presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written communication skills
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top