HAIL Fellowship - Summer 2020
We will accept applications for the HAIL Fellowship from November 1 – December 21, 2019. We will review applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis. Please visit www.hudson-trading.com/fellowship for more details.
HRT is seeking highly motivated full-time students for our second HRT AI Labs (HAIL) Fellowship.
We have greatly valued artificial intelligence research since our inception in 2002. We believe it is important to support students who are advancing the state of the art AI research, by providing the resources and opportunities they need to test their ideas on challenging, data-rich, real-world problems. In this way, we hope to shape the future of both our field and of AI at large.
What to expect:
- Fellows will participate in a well-compensated research internship with HAIL in our NYC office during Summer 2020.
- Fellows will be provided benefits including housing and conference attendance.
- We will provide access to our rich database of high-frequency market data, and provide the computational resources necessary to train models on this data.
- Fellows will work on their own research projects, with ideas and assistance provided by our researchers.
- We will be running many events during the summer, both social and academic, such as reading groups and guest speakers.
- Must be a PhD student in the U.S. conducting research in artificial intelligence or a related field (e.g., statistics, optimization).
- Students must be in their second, third, or fourth year of an eligible PhD program when they apply.
- Students must be enrolled full-time through the end of 2020.
- Your resume or CV with email, phone, and mailing address.
- A one- to two-page thesis proposal which clearly identifies your area of focus.
- Two one-page letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an academic advisor. References must be submitted with application, or sent directly to email@example.com.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for review, and notification of incompleteness will not be made.
- Due to the volume of submissions, HRT cannot provide individual feedback on applications that do not receive Fellowship awards.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top