Hudson River Trading is looking for an accountant with a background in financial services. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn various accounting functions within a company such as fund accounting, management reporting, and financial statement preparation. In addition, this person will work with both internal and external developers to design and test the tools and reports created to automate daily cash/position reconciliations, profit reports, and various tax reporting.
- Test and utilize automated tools for reconciliation and profit reports, both monthly and on-the-fly. Automated tools can include utilizing Unix commands, SQL queries, and running scripts in Python
- Assist in the creation and design of automated reports requested by management, such as key performance indicators, budgets, etc.
- Daily P&L, cash, and position reconciliations including overseeing commission accruals and payments
- Perform month-end closings procedures consisting of financial statement preparation, cash and position reconciliations, entering income/expense accruals, preparing capital allocation schedules, and sending investor correspondence regarding account balances
- Assist in preparing monthly consolidated financial statements including consolidation of various overseas funds
- Assist with external audits including preparation of financial statements and footnotes under US GAAP and IFRS
- Work with our tax department to provide information required in connection with various tax return filings
- Assist in cash management functions including submitting various bank opening documents, monthly rebalancing of cash accounts, updating cash flow projection, and reviewing accounts payable entries
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, excellent understanding of GAAP
- 2 - 5 years experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Partnership or investment accounting experience is a plus
- Big 4 or large national firm experience a plus
- A CPA License will be required (must have passed and/or passed 3 of 4 sections with requirement to pass last section while employed)
- Excellent communications skills; articulate, persuasive, and tactful
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task
Besides working on a close-knit accounting team with a technology edge, you'll be working at a company that prides itself on having created a work environment that comfortably blends the laid back feeling of a dot-com, the imagination of a startup, the excitement of a trading floor and the intellectual stimulation of a think tank. This unique culture is specifically designed to foster creativity and cooperation. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape exists to impede the generation or implementation of ideas. One of our greatest values is work-life balance, so we offer our employees a wide range of benefits. These include highly competitive compensation, an on-site gourmet chef, and a fitness room, just to name a few.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top