Fund Accountant - Austin
Hudson River Trading's Accounting team is expanding to Texas. We are looking for an accountant with a strong technical background or desire to learn. This technical person may work with both internal and external developers to design and test the tools and reports created to automate daily cash/position reconciliations, profit reports, and various tax reporting. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn various accounting functions within the company such as fund accounting, management reporting, and financial statement preparation.
- Test and utilize automated tools for reconciliation and profit reports, both monthly and on-the-fly. Automated tools can include utilizing Unix commands, SQL queries, and running scripts in Python
- Assist in the creation and design of automated reports requested by management, such as key performance indicators, budgets, etc.
- Daily P&L, cash, and position reconciliations including overseeing commission accruals and payments
- Perform month-end closings procedures consisting of financial statement preparation, cash and position reconciliations, entering income/expense accruals, preparing capital allocation schedules, and sending investor correspondence regarding account balances
- Assist in preparing monthly consolidated financial statements including consolidation of various overseas funds
- Perform daily and month end responsibilities associated with both regulated and non-regulated entities
- Assist with external audits including preparation of financial statements and footnotes under US GAAP, IFRS, and other foreign accounting standards
- Work with our tax department to provide information required in connection with various tax return filings
- Assist in cash management functions including submitting various bank opening documents, monthly rebalancing of cash accounts, updating cash flow projection, and reviewing accounts payable entries
- Work with relational databases and set up reports using simple SQL queries
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, excellent understanding of GAAP
- 1 - 4 years of experience
- Strong Excel skills, VBA/SQL experience preferred
- Partnership or investment accounting experience is preferred
- Big 4 or large national firm experience a plus
- A CPA License will be required (must have passed at least 3 of 4 sections with requirement to pass last section while employed)
- Excellent communications skills; articulate, persuasive, and tactful
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task with strong time management skills
- Must be able to participate in a 2-3 month training program held the NY corporate office. (Housing to be provided)
- Occasional overnight travel required to attend training or other job-related courses
The company is first and foremost a math and technology firm. We pride ourselves on having created a work environment that comfortably blends the laid back feeling of a dot-com, the imagination of a startup, the excitement of a trading floor and the intellectual stimulation of a think tank. This unique culture is specifically designed to foster creativity and cooperation.
We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape exists to impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
- Highly competitive compensation
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Catered lunches
Back to top