Full Stack Developer - Operations
- Chicago, IL
Hudson River Trading is looking to hire an experienced Full Stack Developer with a passion for using your unique skill set to make the lives of those around them easier and more efficient. In this role, you will be responsible for automating and developing a wide variety of systems, including our post trade and middle office systems.
As a Full Stack Developer, your code will impact business logic, provide user-friendly interfaces, and increase the quality of our web-based reporting infrastructure. You will be embedded with different teams such as Finance and Accounting, Business Development, Middle Office, Algo, and Operations.
It will be your responsibility to understand end-user needs and communicate effectively around project feasibility and timelines. You will successfully leverage your technical skills to design and create new report automation, performing report maintenance and customization.
- Build new tools and dashboards which will provide meaningful insights into financial and operational data
- Gather and refine requirements from a variety of senior technical and non-technical users.
- Architect and design enhancements for our global post trade and middle office systems, mainly using Python.
- Own projects end-to-end; gathering requirements, architecting the system, and writing and maintaining code.
- Work on tasks with a variety of time scopes: quick fixes for existing processes and long-term direction setting.
- Maintain and improve existing internal and external processes.
- Understand and reason about a large variety of data sources, minimizing unnecessary complexity but providing complete solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of working Python programming experience
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, is a must
- Mastery of multitasking and extraordinary time management skills
- Ability to navigate large interconnected projects while still paying close attention to details
- You enjoy independent work, but value collaboration with team members
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top