FPGA Software Engineer
Working as an engineer at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means working on a small, highly productive, and efficient team. At HRT, a fully automated trading firm based in NYC, the code you write *is* our business, so it is everyone's job, top to bottom, to make sure our core dev team has everything they need to do their jobs well.
As an FPGA Software Engineer you will be working at the cutting edge of low-latency trading, collaborating closely with strategy developers and hardware developers to build best-in-class trading systems. This is a role with many hats; you'll help conceptualize new kinds of trading, optimize low level code, design new APIs, deploy and monitor live trading systems, build tools and testing infrastructure, and plan physical networking layouts. Your job will be to help figure out what hardware to build, how to build it, and then how to seamlessly integrate it into the existing trading environment.
- Excellent design, debugging, and problem solving skills.
- C++ expertise is required.
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication.
- Previous exposure to Verilog and FPGAs preferred.
- You possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly.
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better.
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between.
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do.
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top