Fixed Asset & Leasing Accountant
Working in Accounting at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means being part of a small, highly productive, and efficient team on the front line of HRT's vendor-facing interactions. We are looking for an experienced fixed asset and leasing accountant who is eager to join our strong accounting team. An ideal candidate should apply their knowledge of accounting to come up with innovative ways to improve our processes, efficiency, and workflow. The candidate will manage HRT’s worldwide fixed assets and leases and perform a variety of functions related to these.
- Prepare all month-end and quarter-end fixed asset reporting for management and financial reporting, including the statement of cash flows.
- Actively research accounting guidance and update accounting policies for leases and fixed assets under US GAAP, IFRS standards, and other accounting standards specific to various foreign countries.
- Work closely with our Systems team and our technical specialists to automate and integrate processes between various teams.
- Assist in the design and testing of automated tools for fixed asset reconciliation and reporting.
- Coordinate with our Systems team to review purchase orders and approve fixed asset invoices for processing.
- Assist Accounts Payable to ensure fixed asset invoices are recorded properly and in a timely manner.
- Record and reconcile new assets in the fixed asset sub-ledger system. Record disposals, transfers and run depreciation in the sub-ledger system.
- Maintain reconciliation of the fixed asset sub-ledger system to the general ledger and record and track any variances.
- Review new leases to determine proper US GAAP or IFRS accounting treatment.
- Spearhead monthly Lease Accounting process, utilizing third-party software for ASC 842 and IFRS 16.
- Assist with budget, budget reconciliation, and forecasting functions as they relate to capital expenditures and new leases.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets and leases as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and annual leasing requirements. Assist other team members as the subject-matter expert.
- Work with external auditors related to any fixed asset and leasing requests and inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Excellent understanding of GAAP
- Minimum 2-5 years of fixed asset and lease accounting experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; articulate, objective and thoughtful
- Motivated and detail-oriented with strong organization and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and effectively manage projects
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with accounting ERP software relating to accounting, fixed assets, and leases
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Must be able to multitask with strong time management skills
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top