Financial and Regulatory Reporting Accountant
- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading is looking for an accountant with a background in financial services and CRR based Regulatory Reporting. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on producing a host of regulatory reports and returns across the UK and Ireland focusing on key regulatory disciplines such as Market Risk, Credit Risk, Large Exposure, and Liquidity. In addition, this person will learn various accounting functions within the company such as fund accounting, management reporting, and financial statement preparation. This person will also gain in-depth knowledge of US GAAP and the US financial marketplace.
- Produce monthly and quarterly regulatory reports for the FCA and CBI
- Investigate and respond to FCA and CBI queries
- Perform variance analyses to identify changes from one reporting period to the next
- Review processes for the Regulatory Reporting deliverables in order to identify and implement improvements to improve control and better utilise systems capabilities
- Help automate existing regulatory reports. Test and utilize automated tools for streamlining of regulatory reporting. Automated tools can include utilizing Unix commands, SQL queries, running scripts in Python and complex Excel templates
- Research ongoing changes in Regulations and execute implementation
- Daily P&L, cash, corporate action, and position reconciliations including overseeing commission accruals and payments
- Perform month-end closings procedures consisting of financial statement preparation, consolidation process, cash and position reconciliations, recording income/expense accruals, and preparing capital allocation schedules
- Assist with external audits including preparation of financial statements and footnotes under IFRS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3 - 6 years of related experience
- Excellent understanding of IFRS, experience in CRD IV regulatory reporting including COREP
- Must be willing to relocate to New York City
- In-depth understanding of regulatory rules within the CRR and CRD IV
- Keep up to date with developments in regulations communicated by PRA, EBA, FCA, and CBI
- Strong Excel skills, VBA/SQL experience preferred
- Partnership or investment accounting experience is preferred
- Big 4 or large national firm experience a plus
- Accountancy Qualification preferred
- Excellent communications skills; articulate, persuasive, and tactful
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to multitask with strong time management skills
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top