Finance & Strategy Associate
- New York, NY
The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for financial planning & analysis, firm strategy, corporate development, and special projects at Hudson River Trading. We also work closely with other teams at HRT to analyze business opportunities, improve processes, and interact with external parties. An ideal candidate should have an interest in financial technology, capital markets, financial analysis, and strategy.
- Develop solutions to key strategic and operational issues.
- Contribute to / build analytical frameworks and conduct complex business analysis
- Work on structuring work plans and project scope to deliver business impact on high priority issues.
- Present recommendations and lead discussions with all levels of management.
- Synthesize inputs, identify critical insights, and develop compelling recommendations for both internal and external audiences.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Contribute to analysis for presentations delivered to senior management.
- Contribute to capital modeling for regular forecast updates and strategic initiatives
- Assist in analyzing monthly/quarterly results, monitoring variances, and identifying trends to recommend actions to management.
Corporate Development & Special Projects
- Assist in review of potential new investments, including research into new markets and industry trends, financial modeling, returns analysis, and company valuation.
- Perform external market research and develop sector expertise to assist in identifying and sourcing new deals for potential investment.
- Ad-hoc projects for senior management.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience at a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank or in a similar corporate strategy role.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral as well as listening and interpretation skills
- Ability to make timely decisions and translate strategy into action
- A high level of complex, conceptual problem-solving ability
- Excellent project management skills to lead multiple, complex projects
- BA/BS degree from top university require
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Does this seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top