Finance Associate - India
A quantitative trading firm headquartered in New York is looking for a finance associate with a strong technical background or desire to learn in its Mumbai office. This technical person may work with both internal and external developers to design and test the tools and reports created to automate daily cash/position reconciliations, profit reports, and various tax reporting. The candidate will have the opportunity to get exposures to various accounting functions within the company such as fund accounting, management reporting, and financial statement preparation.
- Run automated tools for reconciliation and profit reports, both monthly and on-the-fly. Automated tools can include utilizing Unix commands, SQL queries, and running scripts in Python.
- Assist in the creation and design of automated reports requested by management, such as key performance indicators and budgets.
- Daily P&L, cash, and position reconciliations including overseeing commission accruals and payments utilizing a vendor based clearing system.
- Perform month-end closings procedures consisting of financial statement preparation, cash and position reconciliations, entering income/expense accruals, preparing capital allocation schedules, and sending investor correspondence regarding account balances
- Assist in preparing journal entries to import into parent company consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with external audits including preparation of financial statements and footnotes under Indian GAAP.
- Assist the tax team in providing data necessary to prepare various tax filings.
- Perform cash management functions including submitting various bank opening documents, monthly rebalancing of cash accounts, updating cash flow projection, monthly bank reconciliations, capital fund inflow registration, preparation of outbound remittances and fx trades.
- Preparation of Net worth certificate, financial statements, director’s report submission at half/ yearly intervals to the Securities Exchange Board of India (“SEBI”).
- Prepare other ad hoc reporting as required by SEBI.
- Chartered Accountant.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, excellent understanding of Indian GAAP.
- Understanding of US GAAP plus.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting with an entity regulated by SEBI.
- Strong Excel skills, VBA/SQL experience preferred.
- Big 4 or large international firm experience a plus.
- Excellent communications skills; Fluent in English.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong time management skills.
- Must be able to travel periodically to the corporate office in NY for training.
- Must be able to to take calls during US business hours arranged in advance as needed.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top