Hudson River Trading is hiring an ETF Pricing Engineering Specialist to join our small but highly motivated team to directly support and be a part of the firm's growing ETF efforts. You will interact with global trading groups and have a unique opportunity to interface with automated trading systems across multiple asset classes and geographies. Being a member of the team means working with a close-knit, high-impact group of individuals who are passionate about the ETF markets. We are looking for individuals who love being challenged, like to code, have no interest in corporate ladders, and want to make an immediate and tangible impact - people who love technology and aren’t afraid of taming complexity or climbing steep learning curves to get the job done. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
In a high-paced, multi-asset trading environment, you will be responsible for operating and maintaining the critical daily infrastructure and processes used in generating internal ETF datasets that are key inputs to a variety of systematic trading strategies globally. A typical day for an analyst may involve:
- Real-time analysis of data quality checks, requiring application of financial market/product knowledge around processing impactful corporate actions as they relate to pricing the ETF and confidently conveying this information to trading.
- Investigating and documenting systematic errors in data pipeline processes, escalating to the appropriate teams internally/externally as needed to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Communication with internal teams regarding use of the ETF datasets as they relate to trading strategies.
- Monitoring analytics related to the quality of the ETF datasets used in trading to ensure a high level of accuracy as well as running analysis and simulations on proposed improvements.
- Implementing process improvements through automation (Python).
- Onboarding new data sources and enriching the existing suite of ETF datasets.
- Working on tasks and projects adjacent to the team that support the firm’s broader ETF efforts.
- Strong interest in financial markets with exposure to a trading environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and triage tasks by urgency.
- Highly self-motivated, willing to take initiative and not be afraid to ask questions.
- Sharp attention to detail and experience working with financial datasets that are inputs to a trading strategy.
- Interest in and good working knowledge of ETFs and other financial instruments (including corporate actions).
- A strong interest in coding and technology: at a minimum a commitment to learning Python, pandas, and unix/linux shell is required.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial with a desire to see complex projects through from concept to completion.
- Ability to balance projects with varying turnaround times and shifting priorities.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Finance, Economics or a STEM discipline preferred, minimum 2:1. [3.5 GPA]
- 2-4 years of experience in relevant roles.
Annual base salary range of $125,000 to $175,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.#LI-EO1
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.