The Systems team builds and deploys the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies and research environment to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for an all-star developer or site reliability engineer to design and develop systems tools to help manage our research cluster. Project areas will include release engineering, configuration management, maintenance automation, monitoring, and performance analysis. You will work closely with systems and networks teams, as well as other teams within HRT to build the infrastructure for our cutting edge R&D Cluster environment.
In this position, you'll have broad responsibilities and freedom to analyze and solve problems, and your solutions will have an immediate impact on our operations worldwide. You'll both extend existing Python software and design and write new systems from scratch. We're looking for someone who is excited about tackling big picture problems, working on a wide variety of projects and technologies, learning the nitty-gritty Systems side of our global architecture, and mentoring sysadmins who will contribute to and use your projects.
Excellent communication and attitude are a must.
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Some experience in Python is great (not required), but good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning Python are required
- Experience with the following technologies: Bamboo, Jenkins, Grafana, ElasticSearch, Graphite, InfluxDB, Redis, Zookeeper, Kafka, Storm, Nagios. We also use Postgres and MySQL
- Excellent Unix and command line skills
- Knowledge of Linux (we use Debian), system/processor performance, and network communication
- Experience with high performance computing development and administration is beneficial
- Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies is beneficial
- Attention to detail
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering and 1-5 years experience
- Adept in at least one higher level language such as Python
- Ability to debug and fix problems quickly
- Ability to look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Ability to multitask and retain a high attention to detail and priorities
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top