Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for a Data Production Engineer to join our Algo team. Data is at the core of everything we do at HRT; we excel at deriving deep insights from all types of data, allowing us to achieve consistent success in a dynamic market.
This role is an opportunity to work directly with live trading teams to support one of the largest automated trading systems in the world. You will write automation, explore data, work closely with our research and trading teams, and interact with a variety of external partners such as data providers, brokers, and exchanges. In addition to being a critical part of the trading process, you will have the opportunity to acquire, analyze, and prepare data for quantitative research.
- Data Engineering: Write tools to classify, onboard, and reconcile data. Onboard datasets, explore data, and automate tasks using a modern Python data stack
- Data Analysis: Parse, analyze, and understand data sets. Perform data reconciliations, validations, and quality checks. Identify and develop new processes within the data request process to enrich data. Assist our researchers in cleaning and featurizing data
- Data Debugging: Find anomalies in derived datasets and trace the issues back to their source. This can include using a mix of deductive reasoning, technical analysis, and communicating with multiple stakeholders in a data pipeline
- Production Support: Provide proactive oversight of our data pipeline, handle inquiries from internal customers, and resolve issues under efficient turnaround times
- Track record of being detail-oriented and thorough
- You excel in problem solving and researching large datasets to resolve complex issues
- You have a collaborative attitude that lends itself to cross-team customers and projects
- You thrive in the fast-paced environment of a daily live trading operation
- 2+ years of experience in a data engineering/science role OR a degree in data science or a similar discipline
- Previous experience working at a hedge fund is required
- Experience in Python strongly preferred
- Experience managing ETL pipelines is a plus
- Experience with financial datasets (e.g. Refinitiv, S&P, Bloomberg) is a big plus
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experienced in at least one SQL dialect (PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MYSQL) and able to use others as needed
- Able to provide technical support in a production trading environment
Annual base salary range of $150,000 to $200,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.