Data Center Technician - London
- London, United Kingdom
The Systems team at HRT builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for a detail-oriented and autonomous individual to perform data center operations. Responsibilities include performing network and server installations and repairs, as well as everyday hardware and network maintenance. Our data center spaces are located in the London metro area and all over Europe.
- Support data center aspects of team projects
- Coordinate with vendors for on-site maintenance and repairs
- Inventory management
- Perform basic Linux server and network device configuration
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks
- Participate in everyday data center maintenance and operations
- Travel required (including weekends) to neighboring countries
- Physical work provisioning and decommissioning hardware
- Hands-on experience racking and cabling hardware in a data center
- Strong communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Linux operating system a plus
- Hands-on experience with network operating systems a plus
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, monitoring, and metrics a plus
- Careful, close attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and fix problems quickly
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top