Data Center Engineer
- Westchester, NY
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allows our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for experienced data center engineers who are comfortable on a command line, enjoy tinkering with hardware, and want to learn a lot more in a fast-paced Data Center environment. This is a highly impactful role where you will contribute to one of the world’s most sophisticated research computing environments on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Hardware and software installation and configuration
- Manage remote hardware maintenance activities
- New hardware / software testing and tool development
- Linux troubleshooting
- Networking layer maintenance and troubleshooting
- 2+ Years of practical experience working in an enterprise Data Center (lifting and installing hardware, racking equipment, cabling, etc).
- Experience with building PC/server hardware. You get a thrill out of assembling a computer from parts!
- Comfortable using Unix shells and with Linux.
- Python and shell scripting experience preferred
- Strong organization & communication skills. Ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
- At least 2+ years of enterprise Data Center experience
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- Careful, close attention to detail
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and as a team player
- Comfortable using hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, drills, etc.)
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Education: Associate’s Degree or more in Information Technology.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top