Data Center Administrator
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for a detail-oriented and autonomous individual to manage our data center operations. Responsibilities are broad and include performing server upgrades and maintenance, managing server deployments, maintaining a production data center environment, and coordinating IT management operations. In this role, you will be the point person for HRT’s data center operations.
- Manage large-scale server deployments
- Support data center aspects of team projects
- Coordinate with vendors for on-site maintenance and repairs
- Perform Linux server configuration and troubleshooting
- Participate in everyday data center maintenance and operations
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 5+ years of data center experience
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Linux operating system preferred
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, monitoring, and metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Careful, close attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and fix problems quickly
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top