Data Center Administrator
- Westchester, NY
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allows our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for experienced data center administrators who are comfortable on a command line, enjoy tinkering with hardware, and want to learn a lot more in a fast-paced Data Center environment. Ideal candidates would be jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Hardware and software installation and configuration
- Remote administration
- New hardware / software testing and tool development
- Experience with PC/server Hardware, ability to assemble a computer from parts
- Comfortable using Unix shells and with Linux
- Python and shell scripting experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Data Center experience (lifting and installing hardware, racking equipment, cabling, etc)
- Education: Associate’s degree in information technology or equivalent
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
- At least one year of Data Center experience
- Careful, close attention to detail
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and as a team player
- Comfortable using hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, drills, etc.)
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top