Compliance Analyst - India
- Mumbai, India
Hudson River Trading is seeking a Compliance Analyst for its Mumbai office. The position offers an opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of a highly successful automated trading firm. We are looking for a person who loves being challenged and wants to make an immediate and tangible impact.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic learner with an interest in automated trading. You will be exposed to the firm’s compliance procedures and operations, business management, and trading. In this role you can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets and find yourself solving problems in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
Applicants will be required to submit a writing sample and complete an editing task as part of the application process.
- Assist in Corporate Secretarial Functions
- Assist in the execution of the firm’s compliance program and manage projects for the Compliance Officer
- Review alerts generated by the surveillance system and advise on any changes to reports as required
- Conduct compliance risk assessments and monitoring, report on findings, provide recommendations and implement changes where appropriate
- Assist in developing and delivering Compliance training
- Manage registration requirements and personnel monitoring
- Aid in regulatory reporting
- Assist in enforcing and updating internal Compliance policies and procedures
- Assist with inquiries from regulators and trading venues
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to effectively triage, prioritize, and follow up on all stages of multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects through from concept to completion
- Knowledge of Indian regulation more specific SEBI regulations
- Strong attention to detail, project management, and organization skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of trading and markets
- Sense of responsibility and personal accountability
- High personal integrity and ethics
- Must be comfortable working in a technical environment
- 3-5 years at a SEBI-regulated entity (Stock Broking entity preferred)
- NISM Series IIIA
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer,; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top