Business Operations Manager - Digital Assets
- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading is hiring a Business Operations Manager for its digital assets trading. The position is based out of our New York office and offers a unique opportunity for exposure to the inner workings of a successful automated trading firm.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic learner with an interest in automated trading and cryptocurrencies. You will be responsible for the firm’s digital assets business operations, including business management, platform management, data integrity, project management, relationship management, treasury management, and daily support. You will be exposed to the firm’s compliance, trading, risk management, and business operations. In this role you can expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets and find yourself solving problems in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- Manage business operations of HRT’s digital asset trading
- Develop and manage marketplace/exchange relationships
- Daily work with accounting, operations, and platforms to deal with various issues
- Research and evaluate new markets for potential trading opportunities and work with traders and developers to implement new markets
- Track and manage marketplace changes (technical, product, pricing, and legal)
- Work with developers and infrastructure on continued performance optimization
- Immerse oneself in the marketplace in order to deal with the idiosyncrasies of the market (counterparty-risk, forks, API’s, crypto-personalities) and how they affect HRT
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- An interest in digital assets
- Understanding of trading systems
- Technical skills (Unix, Python, and SQL) are a plus
- Solid understanding of trading and exchanges required
- Understanding of risk, hedging, forks, proof-of-work vs. proof-of-stake and other trading and digital asset-related features
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects through from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work across disciplines, and quickly transition from one project to another
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top