Business Development Programmer (London, Dublin)
- London, United Kingdom
Hudson River Trading is hiring a recent university graduate as a Programmer/Analyst for its London office.
As a business development analyst/programmer, you will cover a global trading group and have a unique opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of automated trading across multiple asset classes and geographies. We are looking for individuals who love being challenged, like to code, want to learn about the finance industry, have no interest in climbing up corporate ladders, and want to make an immediate and tangible impact.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic learner with a keen interest in trading, coding, and automation. In addition to spending time coding (mostly Python), working on technical projects (e.g., automating manual processes to make our team more efficient) or dealing with stock exchange partners, you will be exposed to the firm's trading strategies and business operations.
- Diverse coding projects in a small team environment that directly lead to production trading.
- Producing concise statistical analytics, automating reporting when required.
- Maintenance of pricing models. Porting of existing pricing models to new trading strategies.
- Ensure accuracy of external data. Communicate with external data providers when discrepancies are found, and work toward resolution.
- Monitor post-trade performance and trade bookings throughout the entire trade lifecycle.
- Experience: 1-3 years.
- Python skills are required. C++ skills are a plus (and interest in learning required).
- Strong linux command line skills.
- Statistical Analysis in Python. Pandas, numpy, scipy.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects from concept to completion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work across disciplines and quickly transition from one project to another.
- We are interested in candidates with STEM degrees for this role. Candidates must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer,; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top