Software Quality Lead
Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis tools for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software provides over 3.5 million coaches and athletes the insight they need to win.
At Hudl, we take quality seriously. We need a Quality Lead to work across teams to ensure our quality practices are measured, consistent, and constantly improving.
- Evaluate and mitigate risk. You’ll use your understanding of the architecture and the service/UI separation to tailor test coverage. You’ll foster a culture of mitigating risk at each stage of the release process.
- Lead the way in measuring and improving quality across teams. You’ll work with other to define and communicate key quality metrics to measure success. You’ll focus on testing excellence and execute quality strategy across teams. To proactively improve quality, you’ll research industry trends and use data to drive better decisions. Finally, you’ll provide clear direction on testing to other quality analysts, developers, product managers and designers when it makes sense.
- Help maintain consistency of quality across teams. You’ll lead root cause analysis of production errors and support issues. When you see trends, you’ll recommend corrective action to other quality analysts. You’ll champion the application and adherence to the testing pyramid.
- Mentor and provide feedback to improve quality. You’ll review work done by other quality analysts and give feedback for gaps and improvements. You’ll provide valuable feedback to individuals and teams on risk assessments and test plans. To ensure testability in design, you’ll actively participate in design reviews.
- A leader in QA. You have experience managing multiple ongoing releases at a rapid pace. You’ve worked with distributed teams and architectures, and you can implement high level QA strategies. You’ve tested manually so you understand the importance of the user, but you’re an expert in automation, too.
- Passionate about raising the bar on quality. You’re consistently pushing for improvements in your current role. You’re always researching best practices and working to weave them into your work and the work of others.
- An effective communicator. You’re comfortable speaking high-level strategy with those who are non-technical and you can get into the weeds with those who are.
- Treat you like an adult. We didn’t hire you to babysit you. Only you know when you need a break. Take vacation when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
- Feed you. Hudl provides daily lunches in our Lincoln and Omaha office, and lunch once a week in our London and Boston offices.
Back to top