Data Analyst Internship
We need an ambitious problem-solver to join our Data Analytics team in Lincoln or Omaha, Nebraska during Fall 2016. You’ll use the incredible amount of data we have to help others at Hudl make better decisions. And your work will have a lot of variety.
Before we go into details, there are important things you should know about this internship:
- It'll take place in Lincoln or Omaha, Nebraska - whichever is more convenient for you.
- We're looking for someone to join us immediately for the Fall 2016 semester.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis (our goal is to ultimately hire an intern to join our team full-time in the future).
If you can meet all of those requirements for us, read on.
Our Data Analytics team serves other internal teams at Hudl to help them make better decisions with the enormous amount of data we have. On any given day, we might be writing SQL queries to better understand user behavior over time or run data through statistical models to help our teams forecast and set better goals.
Here's a handful of examples of projects we're working on:
- Building a predictive model to determine the likelihood that a customer will renew.
- Researching unique ways to store petabytes of Hudl content; mastering the balance of cost versus accessibility.
- Crunching numbers to guide product development of our features to drive engagement and pull more users into the Hudl platform.
As an intern, you'll work right alongside our full-time Analysts. In particular, we want an intern with a statistical background, with enough knowledge and intuition to understand how to gather insights from a set of data. We need someone who can learn new technical skills quickly. And, we like SQL experience.
- Build and run SQL scripts. You will write SQL scripts to pull, aggregate, and display data for internal teams at Hudl and help them interpret the results.
- Plan and coordinate analytic projects. You will help our team manage tasks and communication for large scale projects across multiple departments.
- Solve problems. You will work closely with the rest of our Data Analytics and Data Engineering teams on how to best solve a problem or question posed by our internal squads. You’ll conduct research to report the good, the bad, and the ugly around opportunities to drive growth and increase engagement.
- Not one for the status quo. “That’s the way we’ve always done it” isn’t in your vocabulary. You constantly look for ways to innovate, make things better, more efficient. Good is never good enough.
- The type that gets stuff done. You identify with your work. You’re restless without a project on your task list. You have a list of finished projects on that you can look back on with a lot of pride.
- Not afraid of code. You might be a beginner, but you've tinkered with code in your free time. Maybe you've used programming to make your life simpler by automating tasks and solving problems.
- Analytical, analytical, analytical. Making decisions based on instinct raises a red flag for you. You think data is more important than opinions.
- Treat you like an adult. We didn’t hire you to babysit you. We'll offer you real challenges and problems to solve.
- Feed you. Hudl provides daily lunches in our Lincoln and Omaha offices.
- Take over your closet. Interns get free, ultra-soft Hudl t-shirts, plus some swag here and there.
Back to top