Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
Workers Compensation Claim Specialist - Commercial Lines Workers Compensation Group
In accordance with company objectives, processes and procedures provide Workers Compensation Claim Service and Consulting to HUB clients. Monitor and provide HUB clients with specific, objective and practical claim guidance. Gather needed information to help producers and marketing with new business and renewals.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain, document and update agency management system as needed and required for workers compensation claim activity and progress.
- Respond to claim inquiries and work to resolve problems with team and HUB clients.
- Review claim reports and other related documents.
- Follow up with insurance company claim representatives to resolve HUB client issues in a timely basis.
- Forward reports or follow up documentation to carrier or HUB clients when appropriate.
- Maintain claim diary system to follow on claim progress activities as needed.
- Assist and work with adjusters, team members and HUB clients to resolve claim issues.
- Inform claim manager/producer/account manager of payments and reserves over $25,000.
- Assist senior claim specialists to prepare claim reviews and executive claim summaries.
- Assist in employee and HUB client training as needed, included reporting procedures, claim best practices, transitional return to work, etc.
- Assist marketing/producers/account managers in gathering information for renewals.
- Provide backup as needed to run company loss data and distribute reports to HUB clients and internal team members.
- Participate in claim review meetings or conference calls with HUB clients, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and follow claim process and agency procedures
- Serve HUB clients, carriers and claimants who visit the agency.
- Participate in on-site HUB client meetings as needed.
- 2-5 Years of Michigan Workers Compensation Claim experience and a comprehensive understanding of the Michigan Workers Compensation system.
- Workers Compensation Experience in other states is beneficial but not required.
- Complete CAWC (Certified Workers Compensation Authority) course within first year of employment, if requested.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Work with a normal amount of supervision.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize daily workload.
- Aptitude for accuracy and details.
- Work normally scheduled hours and additional time, as needed.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and keyboarding skills.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top