Workers' Compensation Claim Specialist
The Workers' Compensation Claim Specialist, under the direction of the Advisory Services Manager, acts as a liaison between policyholders, insurance companies, agents and brokers in in the management of Workers compensation claims.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Review of new claims and policy documents to understand
- Mechanism of injury
- Validity of claim
- Near misses
- Subrogation opportunities
- Thorough review of large reserve changes
- Create and send large loss reports to underwriting and management
- Escalate severe and or difficult claims to management
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc...
- Review progress and status of claims with Advisory Services Manager and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Create and send monthly, quarterly or semi-annual loss runs per client profile
- Create and send quarterly or semi-annual claim status reports per client profile
- Organize quarterly or semi-annual file reviews per client profile
- Participate in all file reviews to assess progress, make recommendations and ensure proper communication between policyholders and claims technical team
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships
- Maintain the program's service logs
- 1-3 years' experience handling workers' compensation claims.
- Basic knowledge of claims handling and familiarity with claims terminologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be capable of dealing with customers, insureds, and brokers in a positive manner concerning losses.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Knowledge of company products, services and coverage's, along with awareness of the company's claims best practices
- Knowledge of applicable state and local laws
Employment Type: Full-time
Department Claims Management
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top