Workers Compensation Claim Specialist
In accordance with company objectives, processes and procedures provide Workers Compensation Claim Service and Consulting to HUB clients. Monitor and provide HUB clients with specific, objective and practical claim guidance. Gather needed information to help producers and marketing with new business and renewals.
- Maintain, document and update agency management system as needed and required for workers compensation claim activity and progress.
- Respond to claim inquiries and work to resolve problems with team and HUB clients.
- Review claim reports and other related documents.
- Time follow up with insurance company claim representatives to resolve HUB client issues.
- Forward reports or follow up documentation to carrier or HUB clients when appropriate.
- Maintain claim dairy system to follow on claim progress activities as needed.
- Assist and work with adjusters, team members and HUB clients to resolve claim issues.
- Inform claim manager/producer/account manager of payments and reserves over $25,000.
- Assist senior claim specialists to prepare claim reviews and executive claim summaries.
- Assist in employee and HUB client training as needed, included reporting procedures, claim best practices, transitional return to work, etc.
- Assist marketing/producers/account managers in gathering information for renewals.
- Provide backup as needed to run company loss data and distribute reports to HUB clients and internal team members.
- Participate in claim review meetings or conference calls with HUB clients, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and follow claim process and agency procedures
- Serve HUB clients, carriers and claimants who visit the agency.
- Participate in on-site HUB client meetings as needed.
Determination - Unsatisfied until we are the best. We go the extra mile for clients and colleagues
Ownership - Responsible to each other, our clients and our goals
Teamwork - Together we attain greater success
Sincerity - Direct and caring communication
- 2-5 Years of Michigan Workers Compensation Claim experience and a comprehensive understanding of the Michigan Workers Compensation system/process.
- Workers Compensation Experience in other states is beneficial but not required.
- Complete CAWC (Certified Workers Compensation Authority) course within first year of employment, if requested.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Work with a normal amount of supervision.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize daily workload.
- Aptitude for accuracy and details.
- Work normally scheduled hours and additional time, as needed.
- Leadership style is servant leadership and is demonstrated daily
- Demonstrates the ability to make difficult decisions but does so with compassion
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and keyboarding skills.
Location: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 30-May-2018
Department: Claims Management
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top