VP/SVP Direct Personal Lines Strategy & Business Development
- Chicago, IL
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
The VP/SVP Direct Personal Lines Strategy & Business Development is a transformative leader who will have the overall responsibility for creating innovative strategies, to drive profitable growth and retain existing clients within HUB's Personal Lines business. He/she will build upon the existing Personal Lines strategy, focusing on improving the top line by driving organic growth and identifying potential acquisition opportunities. Leveraging the marketing and data analytics functions, the successful candidate will partner with the Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, Operations and Technology, to create and execute Personal Lines strategies impacting product development, consumer segmentation/insights, digital marketing, and the customer/broker experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating and partnering with Hub's data function to identify trends by leveraging data & analytics to better serve the customer with the goal of driving top line growth and EBITDA.
This is a newly created role, and the successful candidate will have oversight for all growth initiatives across the HUB's transactional Personal Lines business. This highly visible national role requires a leader with a keen ability to develop strong relationships with business leaders across the enterprise. Proven experience in business transformation is required along with the ability to inspire confidence, create executive alignment and guide strategic discussions with senior management. This position is located in Chicago and reports to the Central Regional President, President of Personal Lines.
- Architect a unified Personal Lines strategy focusing on improving retention rates and new business opportunities to positively impact financial initiatives.
- Create and define a transformative multi-year strategic roadmap to define scope and priorities while also identifying how the Personal Lines business can leverage data and analytics to improve the performance and profitability to the business.
- Deepen the Personal Lines approach to marketing, particularly digital marketing, and customer segmentation, enhancing the rate of customer acquisition and retention, while improving financial results.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain existing business and improve persistency.
- Work with other senior leadership to identify and qualify new growth opportunities through product innovation, service innovation and acquisition opportunities.
- Evaluate emerging market capabilities and bring forward M&A opportunities to close particular capabilities gaps that support the growth of the Personal Lines plans business strategy.
- Champion new ideas and initiatives, and transform new business opportunities into reality, and foster innovation and risk taking.
- Aid in connecting resources and removing barriers across the business for cooperative efforts.
- Build and maintain a collaborative working relationship across all functional areas and proactively share information to ensure a common vision and successful business outcomes.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required; a Master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years' experience, preferably in Insurance, Consumer or Retail Financial Services. Specific experience leading transactional (contact center) business transformation strategy to positively impact both the top and bottom line.
- 5+ Years of managerial, strategy, and influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience
- Ability to manage through influence in a highly matrixed organizational structure. Understands how key business drivers are connected across the company.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior/executive management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
Required Experience: 10-15 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top