In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Summary of Position
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for meeting overall growth and profitability targets, in conjunction with the sales objectives of the Corporation, for their region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and foster a client-centric sales environment that is focused on new business development, retention and relationship development
- Coach, develop and enable the Prairie Arctic Sales team to achieve personal income and Revenue commitments
- Develop, in conjunction with the Chief Sales Officer, and executive team, a business plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales and revenue goals in the region
- Identify opportunities for growth within the Prairie Arctic region by securing new contacts and driving business through the region's Producers
- Routinely make joint sales calls in conjunction with Producers in support of their sales efforts and initiatives including HUB Top 200 initiative
- Motivate and provide guidance to drive achievement of aggressive sales growth
- Work with CMO Team to ensure producer compliance with HUB's 3C Carrier initiative
- Develop business through securing and developing broker relationships, recruiting new brokers and AGA contracts
- Achieve the regions new business revenue objectives through effective deployment of available resources
- Accountable for regional production as per budgets and objectives, and to address shortfalls and strategies to combat shortfalls with the Chief Sales Officer
- Host regional events, speak at public seminars and forums, act as corporate ambassador representing the company in official capacity at regional events
- Visit branches within the region on a regular basis ensuring that teams in are engaged, on track, motivated and productive.
- 10 years of insurance experience with at least 4 years of sales leadership experience required
- Bachelors Degree in Business (i.e. Finance, management), or related field
- Requisite licensing
- Aggressive, passionate and driven in approach to succeed
- An understanding of sales processes across all product lines
- Self-starter who takes initiative and maintains excellent follow-through and follow-up
- Demonstrated experience leading a high-performing team
- Expertise in a client-centric and solution selling approach
- Superior organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Performs well in a fast-paced environment and can multitask with ease
- Ability to develop high-performance producers by promoting productive attitudes, behaviors, and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as insurance & finance software
- Uses good judgment, at all times.
- Reliable, regular and on time attendance.
- Keeps commitments, keeps other informed of work progress, timetables and issues, addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
- Works effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Must be able to use computers, and knowledge of accounting software
- Communicate in English and other native languages based on the location of the office.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Operations professionals serve alongside the local leadership teams as a resource to all HUB International regional offices. As an integral part of the growing HUB team of experts, our operations teams are critical to the success of our daily functions, with a wide array of career opportunities available in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Communications and Public Relations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Marketing, and Risk Services.
Department General Management
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.