Vice President, Employee Benefits Sales
- Toronto, Canada
HUB International is growing and we are looking for strong Vice President to lead a team of Employee Benefits Account Executives and Producers in our downtown Toronto location. Our team prides ourselves on providing our clients with superior service and essential advice. Our commitment to our clients is to create affordable, competitive, and sustainable plans that allow them in turn to enhance employee recruitment and retention.
The Vice President is responsible for the overall vision and growth of the employee benefits department for HUB Ontario. This individual takes responsibility for establishing an effective team to drive organizational growth through both new sales and strong customer retention. The individual will make strategic and financial decisions to deliver consistent sustainable growth in top line revenue, bottom line profitability, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. This role is ideal for someone who is a strong subject matter expert in the Group Benefits industry and has a proven track record of sales leadership in driving sustainable sales results and developing strategy and implementation of effective sales pipeline management. This role is hands on and will involve sales production. This role reports to the President, Ontario Employee Benefits and Retirement and involves client travel within Ontario.
- Creates and directs a consistent workflow for new and renewal retention
- Creates and develops regular reporting of key metrics and performance measures
- Works with Accounting, Human Resources, and others to manage employees and implement regional projects and directives
- Develops best practices for leveraging standard technology platform and tools
- Facilitate training employees on duties, expectations, standards, policies and audits and reviews these areas regularly as set by standards
- Reviews employee workload and makes recommendations for hiring or consolidation of workloads or staffing when necessary
- Conducts annual performance reviews for all direct reports and assists in annual budgeting and ongoing operational expense monitoring for all locations/departments.
- Talent management of team: new hire onboarding, training, coaching, mentoring, performance management and career planning
- Reviews accounts with team and identifies cross selling opportunities and implement plans
- Prospects new business organically through various efforts including: cold-calling, networking, association memberships, social media, etc.
- Post-Secondary Degree or College Diploma or equivalent experience
- Active LLQP License
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Sales Leadership in Employee Benefits
- Experience developing and implementing effective sales strategies
- Knowledge of Sales Management Best Practices
- Employee Benefits Experience working with an insurance carrier or broker
- Advanced knowledge of terminology and resources specific to the group benefits industry.
- Strong communications skills: verbal, written and presentation skills of diverse groups and size
- Experience working with C-Level clients and strong customer service focus with the ability to deliver positive customer experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and independently manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity - doing things right every time
- Teamwork - working together to maximize results
- Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Back to top