- New York, NY
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 13,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
Our Northeast division is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who will serve as a Vice President for our Employee Benefits division.
Essential Responsibilities and Points of Focus:
The individual will need to:
- Serve as primary technical advisor to clients on all group insurance issues. Interface effectively and confidently with senior management of clients and/or prospects, representing HUB in the highest
- Serve as client advocate overseeing all account management activities to reach strategic client service, retention and sales objectives. In this role you will work closely with the other members of the client service team to ensure that the needs of the clients are met or exceeded for all client deliverables.
- Ensure all clients have 3 to 5 year strategic plan.
- Prepare an Annual Client Service Plan, Compensation Disclosure, and a Client Stewardship Report for each client. Meet with clients monthly, quarterly, or as necessary
- Oversee renewals and marketing efforts and take a lead role in carrier selection and/or financial negotiations. Oversee and approve all vendor, plan design, and financial recommendations in concert with Account Manager, Analyst, Consultant, and Producer. Prepare client presentations. Prepare implementation schedule
- Oversee the preparation of and review drafts of all employee communication pieces (trifold benefit brochures, enrollment guides, etc.)
- Review and sign-off on all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.)
- Schedule and lead all client meetings. Oversee open enrollment meetings as necessary
- Ensure that data in BenefitPoint is loaded and updated annually by the Account Administrator for all assigned clients
- Supervise the Financial Analyst, Account Manager and/or Account Administrator on the client service team in preparation of Monthly Experience Reporting, Mid-Year Report, and Annual Renewal/Marketing Report
- Review the Revenue by Client report on a monthly basis. Ensure commissions due for all clients are paid on a timely basis. Seek opportunities to increase commission income at renewal time
- Coordinate and serve as the direct supervisor of assigned team. Direct the efforts of team members to fulfill service responsibilities, objectives, and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team
- Ensure all agency and department procedures are followed
- Utilize team members' strengths and help them improve weaknesses
- Foster communication within the team concerning marketing, servicing, and best practices / process improvements
- Promote teamwork
- Prepare and deliver, in coordination with the Director, timely performance appraisals for those associates directly supervised; comply with the HUB Performance Improvement process; Maintain Associate Dashboard; Assist Practice Lead in the development of Individual Development Plans (IDPs)
- Serve as initial technical resource for team members
- Actively participate in Unit meetings and assist Practice Lead in identifying agenda items
- As necessary, assist Practice Lead in the development of process and efficiency improvements
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring process. Coordinate the orientation of new associates and determine areas of training needed to assist new associates in acclimating to the HUB culture and developing needed skills for the position
- Consistently deliver client service in accordance with standard scope of services
- Direct/assign special projects for clients as needed
- Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses as needed
- Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the customer
- Communicate with associates, clients, and carriers in a positive manner. Set the example as a leader in the unit/department. Lead by example in times of change
- Attend company and department meetings, relevant industry training, appropriate industry functions, and social events as required
- Comply with HUB procedures and policies; make decisions in compliance with established standards of quality, performance, and service
- Identify areas for improvement related to process, efficiency, quality of work product, breadth of work product
- Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position
- Comply with HUB procedures and policies
- Responsible for regular and punctual attendance
- Bachelor degree in business related field, or equivalent education and/or experience - focus on statistical analysis preferred - advanced degree a plus;
- 7 - 10+ years of experience in EB underwriting, data analytics and servicing the insurance needs of clients; Preference will be given to candidates with brokerage or insurance carrier underwriting or account/sales management experience.
- Demonstrated confidence and comfort in working directly with clients;
- Extensive knowledge of medical, ancillary and alternative funding programs - with strong understanding of self-insurance and stop loss;
- Working knowledge of PPACA and the ability to evaluate and discuss financial impact of Health Care Reform - (ability to leverage calculations around the Cadillac tax and 'wellness incentives');
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics effectively to increase client confidence;
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making (critical competency in working 'comfortably' with client/prospect representatives from ranks of Senior HR, Financial and C-Suite);
- Ability to organize and delegate workload responsibilities;
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products, i.e. Word, Powerpoint and Outlook --- and advanced expertise with Excel, Access and other database management and reporting applications - Knowledge and prior use of Project Management software is preferred;
- Ability to make decisions in compliance with established Hub International standards of quality performance and service; and,
- Ability and commitment to working within and promoting a team-based, collaborative environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, benefit summaries, bid specifications, legislation and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence clearly and without grammatical errors. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Skills: Knowledge of underwriting principles along with strong mathematical and financial skill set.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top