Underwriting Assistant (Construction)
- Toronto, Canada
Totten is looking for a dynamic Underwriting Assistant to support our Construction Underwriters based in Oakville or Toronto to provide exceptional customer service for our external broker partners as well as key support for our internal underwriter colleagues. The position requires the individual be a self-starter and work both independently as well as part of an excellent team of administration professionals. This individual will be responsible for underwriting assistance. We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada's Leading MGA's and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Issuance of documentation: New/Renewal/Endorsements /Registered Letters, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Calculating premium endorsements
- Coding of all policy documentation (under binding contracts as well as company issued)
- Accounts inquiries - investigation and correction of documentation and/or coding
- Bordereaux completion
- Assistance to Underwriters
- Renewals - including preparation of renewal RES, rate sheets, renewal quotes, follow ups, etc.
- Inspections - ordering, follow up on inspections, attachment of completed inspection and follow up on recommendations to ensure compliance
- General follow ups - company issued documentation, photos, outstanding information, etc.
- Broker statements - organizing for mail out
- Other assistance as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years in the insurance industry in a support role or equivalent
- Graduate of College/University Insurance Program preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and industry software
- Experience in TAM or Policy Works broker management systems an asset
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration
Required Experience: Less than 1 year of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Diploma
Back to top