The position is for an opening at the Professional Program Insurance Brokerage, which is an independently operated business that is part of the Specialty Program Group that is a division of HUB International.
About Specialty Program Group: Specialty Program Group (SPG) is the wholesale & MGA division of HUB International (5th Largest Global Broker). SPG acts in a holding company capacity acquiring best in class underwriting businesses to operate independently under distinct brands (portfolio companies).
About Professional Program Insurance Brokerage: We are program specialists that write unique insurance coverage tailored to the industries we serve.
An Underwriting Assistant plays a vital role in the success of each underwriting team by providing support to the underwriter(s). Each Underwriting Assistant reports to 1-2 Underwriters in the office and has the opportunity to learn our company from the ground up with exciting opportunities for career growth.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison between brokers or clients and the underwriter to obtain missing information, status of quote/bind, and/or other requests for information
- Provide applications for prospective clients and existing accounts for consideration for renewal
- Input transactions to generate invoice and prepare policy or endorsement confirmation to brokers and clients
- Frequent interaction with brokers and clients via email and phone
- Determine premiums, as well as terms & conditions for renewal quotes and endorsements
- Collect & Process payments, prepare finance quotes
- Close out renewal files that did not bind and obtain reasoning from broker
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understand and follow Underwriting Guidelines for 1-2 specialized programs
- Be able to answer general questions for clients calling in as it relates to procedure, basic insurance, or payment.
- Ability to bind policies and endorsements in the system with little to no oversight
- Know how to calculate State Taxes & understand State Disclosure Forms
- Understanding of PPIB internal guidelines and workflow
- Positive attitude and enjoys helping others through frequent phone and email communication
- Excellent customer service with ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution.
- High level of adaptability to meet the needs of various situations
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 1-3 Years working in professional office (preferred, not required)
This is a full-time position working in our office in Novato. Office will relocate to Petaluma within the next 12 months. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
No travel is expected at this time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Eligible for CA Property & Casualty License within 6-12 months of employment
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top