HUB Jobs - Underwriting Assistant in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Where city, state, country
What job title, keywords
Home View All Jobs (310)
Hub International Underwriting Assistant in Oakville, Ontario
Totten is looking for a professional individual to provide exceptional customer service for our external broker partners as well as key support for our internal underwriter colleagues based out of our Oakville Office. The position requires the individual be a self-starter and work both independently as well as part of an excellent team of administration professionals. This individual will be responsible for Underwriting Assistance for our Toronto, Oakville and Vancouver locations. We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada's Leading MGA's and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Issuance of documentation: New/Renewal/Endorsements /Registered Letters, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Calculating premium endorsements
- Coding of all policy documentation (under binding contracts as well as company issued)
- Accounts inquiries – investigation and correction of documentation and/or coding
- Bordereaux completion
- Assistance to Underwriters
- Renewals – including preparation of renewal RES, rate sheets, renewal quotes, follow ups, etc.
- Inspections – ordering, follow up on inspections, attachment of completed inspection and follow up on recommendations to ensure compliance
- General follow ups – company issued documentation, photos, outstanding information, etc.
- Broker statements – organizing for mail out
- Other assistance as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years in the insurance industry in a support role or equivalent
- Commercial Lines experience desired
- Graduate of College/University Insurance Program preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and industry software
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration
Totten Insurance Group is Canada's leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Totten Group is committed to servicing brokers across the country and is comprised of six divisions: Personal Lines; Commercial Property; Commercial Casualty; Hospitality; Construction and Professional Liability. With offices across Canada, Totten Group's corporate office resides in Toronto ON, and has other locations in Oakville ON, Dartmouth NS, Winnipeg MB, Montreal QC, and Vancouver BC. Learn more at www.tottengroup.com at http://www.tottengroup.com/ .
Location: Canada, Ontario, Oakville
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 12-Oct-2017
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top