Totten Insurance Group is growing and looking for strong Underwriting Assistants to provide exceptional customer service for our external broker partners as well as key support for our internal underwriter colleagues. The position requires a self-starter and can work both independently as well as part of an excellent team of administration professionals. We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada's Leading MGA's and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Issuance of documentation: New/Renewal/Endorsements /Registered Letters, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Calculating premium endorsements
- Coding of all policy documentation (under binding contracts as well as company issued)
- Accounts inquiries - investigation and correction of documentation and/or coding
- Assistance to Underwriters
- Renewals - including preparation of renewal RES, rate sheets, renewal quotes, follow ups, etc.
- Inspections - ordering, follow up on inspections, attachment of completed inspection and follow up on recommendations to ensure compliance
- General follow ups - company issued documentation, photos, outstanding information, etc.
- Other assistance as required
- Minimum of 2-5 years in the insurance industry in a support role or equivalent
- Graduate of College/University Insurance Program preferred
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and industry software
- Effective communication skills
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Diploma
Back to top