- Chicago, IL
Join one of the top acquiring firms as a Technical Writer! We are seeking individuals who are great in collaborating with product owners, business analysts and business process owners to document the details of business processes and systems. These documents will provide support to key HUB account servicing operations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Learning & Development, you will work closely with our Operations team to develop user guides, online process documentation and manage document repositories used to support end user adoption and use of HUB's broker management systems. The role provides matrixed support to the Mergers and Acquisitions Integrated team.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
- Developing and organizing standard operating procedure manuals and support documents related to Hub's broker management systems and ancillary point solutions which support account servicing activities
- Determining best practice standards, tools and templates for all technical and procedural documents and manuals within Operations. Ensure continuity of style and format for any new documentation received from vendors or other HUB organizational entities / departments
- Identifying, establishing, administering and maintaining the technical document management platform for storing, organizing and enabling user access to technical and procedural documents
- Providing user support for content access issues for the document management system
- Managing updates and revisions to technical content by working collaboratively with product owners, IT teams and vendor partners on system upgrades.
- Collaborating with instructional design colleagues to deliver a consistent user experience across learning content and technical support content
- Developing and conducting surveys to obtain end user feedback, identify content and access gaps, and adjust documentation or document storage platform as necessary
- Demonstrating Operations and Technology Leadership Behaviors (one team, build trust, customer driven, future focused, innovate daily, and be curious) in all actions and ways of working, and coach their organization on the behaviors
- Participating in any upgrade and maintenance update testing
- Communicating application problems and issues to BMS applications teams
- Staying up-to-date with industry technology developments
- Collaborating in project planning activities with Business Analysts, Project Managers and/or Site Managers
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, technical writing or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing procedural and technical documents in a formal technical writing role; preferably in the insurance or finance services industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the capacity of an Editor
- Experience building knowledge and support documents beyond traditional means such as videos, guided tours (simulations) or online content
- General knowledge of insurance and insurance brokerage operations
- Ability to digest complex concepts and communicate in writing using explanatory and procedural styles suited for a variety of audiences
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficient with Robohelp, GitBook, Sharepoint and Office 365 products
- Lean Six Sigma or other process orientation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Bilingual in English and French or Spanish (optional)
- Experience with MadCap Flare, Web Analytics
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Business Operations
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top