Team Lead, Commercial Insurance
- Saint John, Canada
HUB International's vision is to be everywhere risk exists - today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most. HUB Atlantic continues to grow and is looking for a hands-on Team Leader in Commercial Lines with people leadership experience based in our HUB Saint John, NB office who can assist in generation of new business and leading a team of Account Managers. This is an ideal role for a strong Commercial Broker, strong operations and broad insurance brokerage experience. This role will involve coaching, mentoring, troubleshooting, and reporting to the Operations Manager.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB, you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Lead a team of commercial insurance brokers.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to maintain the daily activity and long-term goals.
- Coaching, mentoring & training commercial insurance brokers.
- Leading annual client reviews.
- Establishing trusted relationships with direct team members.
- Providing suggestions for continuous improvements in workflows and procedures for sales and service.
- Working closely to build trusted relations with our insurers and focuses on strategy and direction as provided by Management.
- Assisting and participating in Team meetings and providing updates on monthly goals.
- Ensuring that all the commercial lines department guidelines are met.
- Acting as a true 'Champion' and set standards above the average.
- Assist in managing team's performance, annual review cycle and assists employees towards success in meeting their annual goals and job metrics.
- Solving complex or escalated client situations. Assisting with coverage reviews, contract reviews & insurance requirements for clients and prospects; getting underwriters/carriers to get proper coverage in place; claims reviews.
- Working closely with Management to offer input on proper, adequate staffing to maintain service standards and commitments are met; partner with Human Resources team to assist management with new hire recruitment process.
- The 'go-to' leader for the frontline Brokers with the ability to multi-task, answers questions and inquiries promptly and consistently.
- Assisting in remarketing of accounts.
- Ensuring new business and retention targets are met, including by means of re-marketing policies.
- Prompt response to all customer inquiries by providing effective and efficient customer service to verbal and written inquiries.
- College Diploma or University Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the Insurance industry
- Class III or IV Insurance Agent or Broker
- CAIB and CIP Designations an asset
- People management experience required (e.g. Supervisor, Team Lead, Coach, Mentor, and Performance Manager Etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinker, problem solver, team player, proactive
- Effective organizational skills and time management
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Epic BMS an asset
- Proficient in English. French Language skills an asset
- Minimal Travel Required
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity - doing things right every time
- Teamwork - working together to maximize results
- Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top