About Specialty Program Group Specialty Program Group (SPG) is the wholesale & MGA division of HUB International (6th Largest Global Broker). SPG acts in a holding company capacity acquiring best in class underwriting businesses to operate independently under discrete brands (portfolio companies). Position Surplus Lines Tax Analyst Responsibilities
- Processing surplus lines tax transactions for all states within the deadlines set by those state entities. This includes, but is not limited to, affidavit processing, forwarding of policy to appropriate state (if required), and logging of transactions, etc.
- Completing and filing tax reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis; involves running of reports and verification of data to ensure accuracy of information and processing of check requests, making sure to meet all filing deadlines
- Reconciling and correcting discrepancies between the tax report and tax documentation received, including working with production teams to resolve invoicing errors
- Researching, monitoring, and implementing any changes required to ensure compliance with each state's surplus lines requirements
- Updating internal systems and reporting data bases with the status of the tax filing on each transaction
- Monitor the unpaid tax report and other internal reports to ensure timeliness in payment and reporting of all surplus lines taxes
- Working at the direction of the Compliance Manager to complete surplus lines state audits or inquiries - verifying transactions, documents, and filings
- Keeping field teams apprised of any state updates or changes in regulations.
- Ensuring all compliance guidelines are properly followed on non-admitted transactions
- Performing other related duties as assigned Experience Requirement
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years professional work experience
- Knowledge of insurance industry, admitted vs. non-admitted markets, is preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency with an emphasis in Excel
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks independently in a fast paced environment
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Associate degree (2-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.