- Chilliwack, Canada
About HUB International HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 6th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions. Position Overview The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for the monthly closing processes for all current and acquired Broker Management and G/L systems within the accounting center. This individual will prepare and process journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensure compliance with GAAP and adhere to company policies and procedures. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the month-end closing process and running of reports for all Broker Management systems and G/L systems within the accounting center
- Prepare accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Research and analyze data as requested
- Run and distribute month end and ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and process journal entries in the Brokerage Management systems and G/L systems Required Experience:
- Requires at least 1 year of experience in the Accounting field
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
- Pursuing CPA or completed CPA preferred
- Insurance Experience a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
- Perform duties as assigned #LI-SK #LU
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top