About HUB International
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for monthly closing processes related to HUB's corporate offices, as well as quarterly financial reporting. This individual will prepare and process journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and conduct analysis and ensure compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures. In addition, the Staff Accountant will be involved in our quarterly external financial reporting process preparing consolidated balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and footnote disclosures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the month-end closing process
- Prepare accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Research and analyze data as requested
- Run and distribute month end and ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and process journal entries in the GL system(s)
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial statement filings, specifically with footnote disclosures
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the Accounting field
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
- Willing to obtain series 99 certification
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 8-Nov-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top