HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for monthly closing processes related to payroll for the United States and Canada. This individual will prepare and process journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, perform account analysis, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the month-end closing process
- Prepare accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Research and analyze data as requested. Run and distribute month end and ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and process journal entries in the GL system(s)
- Reconcile month-end payroll balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy of the corporate balance sheet, including reconciliation of manual payments
- Reconcile all payroll intercompany activity between agencies to ensure accuracy of the balance sheet and that activity eliminates correctly in consolidation
- Review new hire coding with local HR to ensure employees are correctly coded in payroll
- Review P&L activity for all payroll expenses booked and identify any amounts that may have been miscoded
- Create applicable correcting reclass journal entries
- Facilitate intercompany process between the corporate office and regional reporting units
- Record weekly bank activity into the general ledger and help reconcile transactions to the general ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
- At least 2 years experience in accounting field
- Payroll experience a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 3-Apr-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top