About HUB International Limited:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
HUB is dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs. Due to tremendous growth, we are hiring an Accounting Associate for our team in Chilliwack.
HUB International is seeking talented professionals who can thrive in our entrepreneurial culture and collaborative environment. If you have a passion for excellence and a desire to grow your career, apply below.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for the monthly closing processes for all current and acquired Broker Management and G/L systems within the accounting center. This individual will prepare and process journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensure compliance with GAAP and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the month-end closing process and running of reports for all Broker Management systems and G/L systems within the accounting center
- Prepare accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Research and analyze data as requested
- Run and distribute month end and ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and process journal entries in the Brokerage Management systems and G/L systems
- Requires at least 1 year of experience in the Accounting field
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
- Pursuing CPA or completed CPA preferred
- Insurance Experience a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
- Perform duties as assigned
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top