About HUB International
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 6th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for the monthly closing processes for all current and acquired Broker Management and G/L systems within the accounting center. This individual will prepare and process journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensure compliance with GAAP and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the month-end closing process and running of reports for all Broker Management systems and G/L systems within the accounting center
- Prepare accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Research and analyze data as requested
- Run and distribute month end and ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and process journal entries in the Brokerage Management systems and G/L systems
- Requires at least 1 year of experience in the Accounting field
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
- Pursuing CPA or completed CPA preferred
- Insurance Experience a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
- Perform duties as assigned
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top