HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the Position:
As a Senior Developer, you will focus on three core things: One, helping design and develop technical solutions that address business problems; Two, helping create coding standards and adoption of patterns and principles used by the technology team; and Three, serving as a strong developer who can help address needs of the business and Technology team and pushing forward ideas on how to build for the future.
- Work closely with teams in Software Engineering, Infrastructure (DevOps), Database and Analytics on proof of concept and reference implementation projects.
- Mentor and manage junior developers when needed, by providing code reviews and constructive feedback.
- Produce high quality, maintainable and scalable software.
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with architect and leads to produce thoughtful software designs.
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure end to end system is tested, using unit or integration testing frameworks where appropriate.
- Ensure architectural principals and coding standards are maintained across the code and project lifecycles.
- Participate in technical assessment, scoping and management of changes to the code based on new business requirements, product enhancements and other change requests.
- Capable of leading and contributing to technical discussions.
- Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve Hub technical solutions and portal platforms.
- Focus on the following areas of our tools and technologies:
- .Net and C#
- Databases and data access technologies
- Distributed systems design.
- Interfaces between components (including external interfaces)
- Development and extension of non-transactional data stores including data warehouses, analytics databases, and NoSQL databases a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining solutions using the Microsoft technology stack, including ASP.NET at https://hire.mycompas.com/app/careers/ASP.NET using C#, MVC and Web API.
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2015/17 is required
- Experience with GIT for source control and Jira for defect management is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of good coding practices and standards, including object-oriented design, code refactoring, and code documentation is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Patterns, decoupled architecture, SOLID development principles and REST API is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases is required
- Experience in data modeling is a plus
- Ability to recognize issues in existing software and put together improvement plans is required
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is required
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment is required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with and talk to end users are required
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 14-May-2018
Department: Information Technology
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top