SQL Server Database Administrator
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
This position will assist with the administering & troubleshooting of our Production, Test, and Development SQL environment in order to support DB deployment, availability, growth, and upgrades.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the SQL environment. Tasks include:
- Install, monitor and support SQL server instances including various SQL components i.e. SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Install, monitor, and support various SQL High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- DB migration (i.e., to new servers), DB user administration
- Support client application installations
- Create new databases and overwrite Test DBs with copies of Production DBs
- Backup/recover/rollback production, test, and development DBs
- Troubleshoot application database connectivity, SQL server issues, query performance, SQL HA/DR (i.e. SQL cluster, AlwaysOn, Log Shipping, DB replication) and other issues in production and development. Coordinate/implement production fixes, or advise the application owner/administrator/developer, as appropriate.
- Monitor & manage data storage capacity of production and test/development SQL Servers to support DB growth; coordinate drive expansions with Operations & Change Management Team.
- Complete and maintain inventory documentation of all SQL databases at the data center and cloud. Work with DB/application owners to update status and complete missing information.
- Decommission DBs: proactively identify obsolete DBs, obtain DB owner's approval, archive & delete DB.
- Write T-SQL code and stored procedures to monitor, automate and support DBA tasks.
- Required to be on-call for database support
- Ready to multi-task as needed
- Other duties as required.
- Continue to learn new technical skills, to allow for expansion and progression of duties.
- Nights, weekends, and non-regular hours may be required.
- Four (4) year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience in a DBA role
- Experienced in troubleshooting database performance issues and SQL performance tuning
- Strong asset: PowerShell or other programming languages; Windows Server administration, experience working in Active Directory
- Other assets: Experience working in AWS and Azure cloud
- Accountable - takes ownership of responsibilities & tasks
- Ability to follow established workflow/implementation processes, and apply creative solutions where needed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables/responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to function under close deadlines with minimal supervision and under potentially stressful situations
- Has a demonstrated desire and capacity to learn new technical skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top