Specialty Lines Claims Examiner
Our New York City office is currently seeking a Specialty Lines Claims Examiner to handle specialty lines claims, including D&O, EPL, professional liability and crime claims, for high profile clients. Additionally, this person will meet with clients and carriers to discuss reserve accuracy, settlement strategy, and proper claims handling and reporting.
HUB International is a leading global insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and risk management products and services.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing and supporting clients with claims solutions specific to their business operations
- Assisting clients with managing their potential exposures and risks associated with their specific operations
- Coordinating and conducting claim reviews with multiple insurance carriers and/or TPAs
- Assisting with marketing and sales of claims management services to prospective new accounts
- Reviewing polices to determine coverage for appropriate reporting
- Maintaining database
- Creating and maintaining claim trending, lag time reports, and loss analysis of complex claims
- Reviewing carrier coverage position letters and, if necessary, creating correspondence disputing the carrier position
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience with claims management or a law firm
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience; law degree preferred
- Superb attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to travel out of state if needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
HUB International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top