- Chicago, IL
The Solution Architect will play an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the company's technology strategy and processes. The role also supports digital transformation by facilitating the formation and implementation of HUB's future state digital strategy and design. The platform architect will report into the CTO organization as part of the enterprise architecture and design team.
The Solution Architect will partner with the technology teams and multiple businesses across HUB to analyze various use cases and recommend enterprise solutions that align with the HUB Technology Strategy and industry best practices. In particular, this role will contribute to laying the foundation of the future state enterprise platform capabilities across HUB International. This role will also lead various innovation efforts as HUB moves to serve our clients in additional ways in the future state digital environment.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Helps business leaders clarify their objectives and expectations for technological innovation efforts
- Introduces and accelerates new technologies and methodologies to support digital transformation
- Leads the design and modeling of tactical architectures for delivery, development, and support of projects
- Leads the design and management of reference architectures
- Partners with other solution architects to provide scalable and adaptable architectural solutions
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent technology framework applied across the company
- Manages and facilitates a review board to evaluate project proposals for architectural fit
- Design and implement solutions for the enterprise as well as specific business unit requirements
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions
- Support multiple teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production
- Liaise with PMO team, Application Development, Data, Operations team and internal clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions based technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting collaboration outside of the immediate team to driving change
- Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions
- Keep skills updated and remain proactively aware of happenings and current events in the industry
- Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested
- Ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding solution architecture space
- Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions
- Ability to drive business culture and technology change in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong consultative skills at a cross-functional level
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Knowledge of architectural design frameworks, integration frameworks, and patterns
- Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, an equivalent amount of experience will be considered.
- Experience building strategic technology plans and roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex solutions (e.g., AWS, Azure, Custom build, API Integration, Data solution etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- Demonstrated experience with business process and performance modeling, benchmarking, and financial analysis
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to enable future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive targeted business outcomes
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Team player and collaborative
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top