HUB International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. HUB has more than 400 offices across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with more than 10,000 employees. Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs. We are a company dedicated to superior customer service with employees committed to adding value to every client activity.
Team Culture Characteristics:
- True team mentality and a positive demeanor
- Integrity and a commitment to doing what is right
- Client-centered & family oriented
- Continuously cultivates relationships with an emphasis on service
- Confidently shares & expands knowledge with a humble heart
HUB International Texas, Inc. is seeking an experienced Service Team Lead - Commercial Lines to lead and manage the operational functioning and development of the Commercial Lines teams. This position oversees the day-to-day functions of the departments by performing the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages service employees and functions within the department
- Directs employee workflow, workload and overall performance
- Trains employees on duties, expectations, standards, policies and audits and reviews these areas regularly as set by standards; identifies/coordinates additional employee training as needed
- Actively participates in onboarding and off-boarding processes of direct reports
- Immediately and effectively addresses and resolves employee performance concerns utilizing regional human resources and operations resources as necessary
- Answers client/employee questions in a timely manner and addresses problems
- Conducts annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Conducts or supervises audits of licensed staff in accordance with HUB Broker Operations Standards
- Works with operational team leaders, accounting, human resources, and others to manage employees and implement regional projects and directives
- Champions the creation and continuation of a culture of teamwork
- Champions communication of goals, vision, and procedures developed by the leadership teams
- Provides feedback to management and employees about service structure to improve performance and productivity
- Creates and recommends new standards and any specialized processes or standards based on business needs
- Assists in monitoring expenses and adherence to budget numbers for location or department
- Manages the service of a book of business directly
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of experience in insurance account management
- Strong experience leading and managing a staff of Account Executives, Account Managers, and Account Technicians highly desirable
- Active Texas General Lines Agency Licenses: Property and Casualty required; Life, Accident, Health and HMO desired
- Attainment of advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC, CPCU)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of experience in agency management systems; experience with Applied Epic a plus.
- Seasoned in the realm of conflict resolution
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position will require working in the Fort Worth office, will some flexibility of working remotely.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.